Benefits of custom backpacks and embroidered backpacks
Personalized backpacks featuring your logo are a long-lasting promotional tool. Your logo gains far-reaching exposure as your team and customers take their backpacks on their journey to work, or on weekend trips away. If you’re organizing a team event, then having matching bags is an effective way to create a unified matching look and fosters a sense of team identity. Similarly, if you’re at a trade show or corporate event, then having delegates walking around carrying your branded backpack is an excellent way to encourage brand recognition.
How to design your own backpack
Choosing a style
- Pick a backpack color that complements your logo.
- Consider when you (or your team) will be wearing the backpack – is it for commuting, a general day bag, or traveling? It will affect how many compartments and features you ideally need.
Customizing your backpack
- Make sure your logo design is clear and stands out.
- If you have any text, choose a font style and size that’s easy to read.
- Upload any type of file including .pdf, .ai, .jpeg, .png and .ppt.
Selecting the right decoration option
There are several different options for printing your logo on your backpack.
- Embroidery: Detailed needlework gives lasting color and texture.
- Full-color transfer: Photo-realistic print applied directly on to your backpack.
- Full-color inkjet: Dyes and pigments are absorbed into the backpack fabric.
- Single-color print: Delivers a durable design with a painted-on feel.
Learn more about hat decoration options
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s the difference in backpack quality?
A: To make it easier to find the custom backpack you need, we’ve split our range into three collections. Our Basic collection features bags and backpacks that are great to hand out as giveaways at events. Our Classic collection includes more durable backpacks with added features, while our Premium collection contains high-quality backpacks from leading brands.
Q: Can I choose the number of side pockets?
A: Yes, you can. In our personalized backpack range, the number of side pockets varies from none to four. By using the filters on the left-hand side of our backpack results page, you can search by number of side pockets. As a general rule, backpacks with more side pockets contain more features and are better for travelling.
Q: What’s the difference between cinch/drawstring bags, backpacks and sling backpacks?
A: It’s all about the strap types. Backpacks feature your standard two straps (which are normally adjustable) and close with clips or zips. Drawstring bags, also called cinch bags, have a cord for straps which also doubles up as the “cinch” at the top of the bag. They’re ideally suited to giveaways. Finally, custom sling backpacks feature one strap that you wear diagonally across your chest.
Q: Do I have to order a minimum quantity?
A: Many of our custom backpacks and drawstring bags are available in quantities as low as one. It means you can order the number of backpacks you need, rather than being stuck having to order in bulk. When shopping for your bag, we recommend you use the “quantity” filter.